The benefits of using Inversion Tables
Inversion tables are a form of passive exercise equipment, unlike motorised treadmills which are a form of actvie exercise equipment. They are used to treat the negative effects of gravity notably back pain. Inverting helps your body fight the effects of gravity and is recognzed by doctors and therapists as an effective form of therapy for the spine, ankles and knees. They are even being used by the US Army.
Inverting can relieve many types of back pain.
When you lie upside down on an inversion tables gravity works to increase the space between the vertebrae and relieve pressure on the discs, nerves and ligaments in the spine.
Inverting the body for even just a few minutes can relax muscles and speed up the flow of lymph fluids. The speed with which pain disappears is determined by the speed at which waste products are removed and oxygen is introduced.
Discs fulfil the following roles :-
· they separate the vertebrae
· they ensure the spine is flexible
· they act as shock absorbers
If the distance between the vertebrae is too small pressure on the nerves can result in pain. Increasing the space between vertebrae will reduce the pressure on the discs.
Inverting is highly effective in reducing pressure.
Inversion also improves blood and lymph fluid circulation and speeds up cleansing
Inversion increases the flow of oxygen to the brain
Better blood supply and oxygen to the brain makes it function better and some people say it also improves skin colour and tone, increases alertness, and improves hearing and vision. It may even make the hair healthier, and grow back.
Inverting decongests the internal organs and can relieve varicose veins by clearing blood from your feet and legs.
(NB: People with high blood pressure should consult a doctor before embarking upon an inversion program.)
Inversion plus movement (bending and twisting from side to side, arching the back, and sitting up) can straigthen the spine
Inversion tables counter-effect the force of gravity and thousands of individuals find that inversion offers relief from back pain and rejuvenates the body.
Inversion tables cost between $200 and $1000. Two of the main brands are Stamina Products and Teeter but there are others
Inversion Table Demonstration Video
Exercise equipment is very useful for all manner of home exercises. Your choice of excercise equipment will be made according to the level of exercise you want to do. Prices for home exercise equipment vary greatly so you need to check online to find the best bargain.
It is important to be aware of safety when using excercise equipment and the space it will take to use and to store it. It is also very important, to know what kind of exercises you like to do, because they are decisive for your motivation. If you enjoy doing the exercises, it will be easy to keep up doing them. Know what is your current level of fitness and then decide what level you want to attain. Finally your budget will also be an important element in the choice of your home equipment.
Elliptical trainers, treadmills, step machines, exercise bikes, cross-country ski machines, these are some of the different types of gym equipment or home fitness equipment on offer.
Different Types of Fitness Equipment
- Exercise bikes are perfect for people that have a sedentary lifestyle and are just starting an exercise program. Exercise bikes don’t take a lot of room, and they are an easy non-impact way, to start to exercice.
- Treadmills are used by a lot of people. Before you buy one be sure that you know the extent of warranty of parts. There is a wide price range from the basic to the advanced. The equipment should be of solid construction, with a smooth walking action, an wide belt, incline setting and a safety cut-off.
- Elliptical trainers. Prices of elliptical trainers vary from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, make sure you check the warranty and different models and to find the best deal on a well-constructed piece of equipement. Elliptical trainers are non-impact home exercise machines on which everybody can exercise. You can start to exercise at your own pace, adjusting the equipment to your level of fitness and progressing in your routine as you become fitter.
- Inversion tables are another form of equipment that are growing in popularity. They are not exercise equipment as such but they do constitute a form of passive exercise that has many benefits for blood circulation and relieving stress and compressions of the spine and joints.
There are many other types of exercise machines or exercise equipment on offer but these are the main ones if you have room for a home gym and a large wallet then you may wish to buy them all. If you only wish to buy one then it is probably best to choose a form of fitness equipment that provides a work out for the whole body and which does not place too much strain on joints and the spine i.e. elliptical trainers .
See more - home exercise equipment